Monday, September 28, 2009

Funny Things Overheard from 7th Grade...


So I sat in on the 7th grade social studies class today and I heard some embarrassing but funny things.  Here they are:

~The US imports igloo's from Antarctica.  (This one is my favorite.)

~Hawaii is not a US state and if a presidential candidate is born there he can not become president.

~The US imports Bacardi rum from Puerto Rico.  (Keep in mind they are 7th grade girls)

This last one reminded me about when I was teaching the same grade about absolute value in math, one girl remembered the name of it because she associated it with Absolute vodka.  I really wish I didn't hear them talk about alcohol.  

2 comments:

  1. Steen! I just somehow made a comment box appear so I am commenting :) But please tell me the Social Studies teacher corrected these girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome....I think the alcohol ones are hilarious but that is pretty bad I guess

    ReplyDelete